WHAT IS SWEATING?
Sweat, also known as perspiration, is a normal and healthy bodily function.
Sweating starts to occur shortly after birth.
Why people sweat?
We mainly sweat to cool our bodies down, a process called thermoregulation. Our brain sends signals to perspire, releasing a clear fluid from over 3 million sweat glands (or sudoriferous glands) and as this fluid evaporates from our skin, it lowers our body temperature.
There are many factors that can cause us to perspire:
- Hot environments
- General movement and physical activity
- Emotional feelings, including stress
- Eating hot or spicy food
- Side effects from medication or surgery
- Illness, as our bodies fight infections or fevers
- Hormonal changes such as menopause, pregnancy or puberty
On this site you’ll find lots of helpful information about how to stop sweat and how Rexona can help.
One way to prevent excessive sweating is by using a stronger antiperspirant deodorant. Rexona Clinical Protection offers up to 3x more protection than a basic antiperspirant deodorant. If you’d like to try Rexona Clinical Protection, follow the link below.